Monday 1 May 2017

the night we met

“I don’t know what I’m supposed to do,
haunted by the ghost of you.”

you walk into the room
and suddenly it’s hard to breathe
a function so autonomic
disrupted by
my sympathetic
feelings towards you
the fight or flight response kicks in
do i stay or do I go?
everything inside me screams
run
but
i don’t
just this once
i don’t want to run
just this once
i want to stay by your side
would you rather love someone
and have them taken away from you
or never have loved them at all?
just this once
i don’t want to have to choose
i reach for your hand
and your touch
ignites a star
in my dimmed heart
don’t let me go
like i let go of you
we dance to a slow song
and you lean into my chest
all i hear is your heartbeat
and i swear
for the first time in my life
i am at peace in the madness.


“take me back to the night we met.”

note: this piece is roughly inspired by the song 'the night we met' and the netflix series '13 reasons why'. while i do not agree with some parts of the series, it was an enlightening watch nevertheless.

No comments:

Post a Comment